Sunday 26 August 2012

A letter to my Lurch...

To my lovely VLB...

I think it's incredibly mean and silly that you have to work on a Sunday night. I mean seriously, who even goes to the pub on a Sunday night? Stupid alcoholics! As I sit here all on my lonesome on this dreary Sunday night, I've realised all the truly absurd things I do when you're not here. Things like...

- watching two Disney movies in one day. Yes indeedy, two Disney movies. You saw how excited I got when I saw the advert pop up early this morning, is it any wonder I glued myself to the bed in order to watch Beauty and the Beast today? I also found a place in my hectic Sunday schedule for the Little Mermaid. I've been singing Part of That World for about three hours now.

- eating a ton of vegetarian food without worrying whether or not you'll liken it to cardboard. Vegetarian roast dinner earlier, and now a plate of vegetarian sausages in burger buns. They're amazing.

- responding to a gazillion emails. That's now every single person who's emailed me since the beginning of the blog responded to. That's gonna earn me about two Brownie points.

- watching soppy films that you hate. Not only did I fit in a Meg Ryan film (You've Got Mail) I'm now watching a Sandra Bullock film (Two Weeks Notice. Not While You Were Sleeping. Oh how I wish it were While You Were Sleeping)

- creating stupidly extravagant plans in my head for your birthday this week. Each and every one of them are far too ridiculous and far-fetched and expensive to actually happen on Tuesday, but a girl can dream, right?

- dreaming of Coney Island. I don't know why. It's a childhood fascination that has only been made worse by Lana Del Rey. And Sandra Bullock just mentioned it.

- finally getting around to downloading a Photoshop trial. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

So whilst you're busy at work, pulling pints and hopefully not having to listen to too many drunken stories, I am here, quietly plotting ways to remove chicken from the bedroom forever. I happily await your return tomorrow (with McDonalds. I definitely want McDonalds upon your return)

With love,

CT.

Post Script: I definitely, totally, 100% also hate the Counting Crows/Vanessa Carlton version of Big Yellow Taxi. It's awful.

PPS: I now completely understand why people think we're a married couple. It's a bit sickening, isn't it?



2 comments:

  1. This is really cute. :) I hate when my husband has to work late--but a Sunday night would be the worst! That's a night for cuddling and staying in together!

    Sarah
    the Reverie blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you're so right. Sunday is most definitely a couple's night!

    ReplyDelete