Friday 17 August 2012

In which a box takes over my bed...

Kids, there's a big change a coming! I've decided to put my geek hat on and get back to what I love the most - learning. Well, I say "put the geek hat back on", in all truthfulness, it never left my head. It's pretty much just an extension of my hair.

Right, I signed up to an Arts & Humanities course with the Open University and sort of forgot all about it until this morning when the mother of all boxes landed on my doorstep. I kid you not, it's just about the biggest box ever. The Lurch carried it from the door to the bedroom, but he just sort of flopped it onto the bed and now I can't move it without fearing for my life.

So now I'm sort of stuck in a weird, almost acrobatic, position on the bed, writing away but with pins and needles in my legs. I have a massive book on Shakespeare under my elbows and I'm pretty sure I broke a toe when I tried to stretch my leg out but caught it on the box.

Honestly, if this is what it's going to be like for the next ten months, I'm not too sure I want to do it. Sure, I love learning and gettin' my geek on but, well, I like having a nice feeling in my legs a hell of a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment