Just like that, in the blink of an eye, we're in a new year. The Mayans were wrong, the Olympic doubters were wrong, and I suddenly wasn't considered an absolute freak for loving my home town so much. Just like this summer, London did me proud last night. Due to a combination of exhaustion and some seasonal sickness, I didn't make it out for any of the many, many celebrations taking place across London last night. But I did force myself awake until midnight to see the amazing firework display from the London Eye. Even though I didn't manage to replicate the slightly frost bitten fingers of last year, my eyes fell open in sheer awe. I suppose it helps that I could hear the actual fireworks from my ridiculously comfortable bed.
2012 was really good to me. Despite some of the toughest moments of my life so far, I managed to have a good year overall. Partly because:
- I finished my novel!
- I turned 21
- Started my degree (which I may sometimes forget I'm actually doing. Ooops.)
- I danced and sang whenever I felt like it.
- I successfully completed my first term of Star Track (love my co-creators and agents and the ever wonderful Eugenie and Kazvare)
- New friends appeared into my life magically...
- ...and old friends stayed firmly put.
- Me and Valentine celebrated two successful years together (god, it feels like a lifetime)
- I discovered frozen yoghurt. Oh sweetness, I love you.
In 2013 I will...
- Muster up the confidence to show someone my awful novel.
- Start (and finish) novels two and three.
- Attempt to emulate my mum's amazing cooking.
- Go on beautiful holidays.
- Keep the Peter Pan complex.
- Take dance classes again. I've been dreaming of being back en pointe.
- Finally teach Valentine the perfect arabesque form.
2013, I'm ready.
|Oh London, you are so pretty|
|I've tried to find the proper photo credits but have been stumped so far. As soon as I locate the name of the photographer/photo source, I will give the correct credit.|