Friday 14 September 2012

Do YOU 10Q?

A friend introduced me to the 10Q website three years ago and I've used it every year since. The friend in question is Jewish, and knew about my slight Jewish heritage (grandfather is Jewish) and he thought I'd love the idea. Well, he was right.

Every year, during the ten days of reflection that take place during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, the 10Q website fires a series of thoughtful and reflective questions at you. It's entirely up to you how you answer - deep and meaningful, short and sweet, sarcastic, it all goes - and your answers are locked away for a year. The following year, your answers are unlocked and your able to look back at where you were and consider it for where you're going.

You don't have to be Jewish to take part, and many of my non-Jewish friends have used it as a means to reflect and let off some steam. Your answers are kept entirely private unless you choose otherwise and it can be quite intriguing to get your answers back after a year.

I've found myself increasingly looking forward to Rosh Hashanah as it means I get to answer a few more questions that will force me to remember the past year of my life. It's amazing to remember how much you've actually done over the year! I suggest you at least check out the website, and nose around the FAQs, past questions, etc. before you commit to signing up. But you have nothing to lose by signing up. Oh, and it's totally free to boot!




No comments:

Post a Comment