Sunday 16 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


It's now that time when you can feel it in the air. You can see the sheer amazement in the eyes of children who walk past you. You can almost taste the dread, stress, exhaustion and worry of your fellow adults. But that little glint is still there. You know the one, right? The one that says "I may be 35 biologically, but every December, I have the mental capacity of a giddy five year old."

My family are ready to strangle me, if truth be told. I woke the household extremely early yesterday morning by ensuring that the magical tones of Mariah Carey were blasted at full volume and only my cats appeared to be impressed. As if that wasn't enough, I've discovered I have an incredibly annoying habit of plugging any awkward silences with a nice hearty, "you scumbag, you maggot..." before trailing off into the rest of the greatest Christmas song ever. The only thing breaking my spirits right now is the fact that Winter Wonderland is obscenely expensive. Seriously, Westminster Council? Why?

Nine sleeps to go!!

ps: the majority of my readers are American. I've made no secret of my love for your country and enjoy and adore so many aspects of your culture. If my tweets or blog post offended anyone, I can only apologise for that. I understand the topic of gun control is something that many, many Americans feel very passionately about and, as someone who has friends and family in the States (and as a future resident of your country!) it is also a topic I am passionate about. We are all free to express our thoughts, feelings and opinions. I respect the views you wish to share, I only wish some of you could extend the same consideration towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment